Kids, crafts, country life and more...

This is what you get when you mix two toddlers, two border collies, a Shetland pony, two cats, a gaggle of turkeys, a former construction worker, a former lawyer and the family cattle ranch. Thanks for visiting. All images copyrighted. Do not use any text or image without permission.







Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

We went to Janelle's for a giant Thanksgiving feast.  There were 40 people and it was an international affair.  There was an Italian family, a Congolese/Ruwandan family, another Congolese woman, a Belgian/German (if I remember correctly) family, Tyson's Thai sister-in-law, my Spanish godmother, and the rest of us mostly Scottish American folks.  It was really fun to meet everyone and the kids had a great time wrestling with Ben in the playroom.

The kids had special lunches the day before at school.  They decided to dress up:

 

These days that means cowboy clothes.  Alice was wearing a vest and t-shirt Mumsy got her in Jackson Hole years ago.  She was sporting a bit of a bare midriff, but told me it was OK, so I let it go.  
 
While they were having their Thanksgiving celebration at school, I was frantically moving all the furniture in our house with the help of some Smith cousins.  We had a lovely but rarely used guest room, so I took all the furniture out and made a play room.  That made it possible to remove most the kids' stuff from the family room.  I also made them an art space in my craft room.  Still haven't quite gotten everything back together, but I'm getting close.

No comments:

Post a Comment