Kids, crafts, country life and more...

This is what you get when you mix two toddlers, two border collies, a Shetland pony, two cats, a gaggle of turkeys, a former construction worker, a former lawyer and the family cattle ranch. Thanks for visiting. All images copyrighted. Do not use any text or image without permission.







Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Babies, Babies, and Baby Showers

We've been getting a lot of these new babies at the ranch:


And two of my dear friends are expecting their own babies, so I've been doing a lot of showering, which means a lot of baking, cooking and crafting. 

I made two of these "fabric beachballs" - one with stars and a multicolor animal print, the other with brown and green animal prints.   They were pretty easy and a good toy/decoration combo.  We decorated my mother's front entry with some vintage baby clothes:


 I made a diaper cake for the first time... there are about 100 diapers in there!


Here's the other beachball and the lion cake.  I "invented" a new mode of cake decorating, cute and less labor intensive.  I make a fondant cake topper that I simply place on top of a buttercream frosted cake.  I painted a lot of the pieces with gel food color thinned with vodka.  It worked really well.  You could even reuse the topper.


For the other shower, I also added marshmallows for texture and then even used them instead of a piped border to "caulk" the line between cake and plate.  


So excited to meet the new babies and I hope they aren't too much like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment