Kids, crafts, country life and more...

This is what you get when you mix two toddlers, two border collies, a Shetland pony, two cats, a gaggle of turkeys, a former construction worker, a former lawyer and the family cattle ranch. Thanks for visiting. All images copyrighted. Do not use any text or image without permission.







Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

Alice's First Haircut

For a while now, I've been thinking I should trim Alice's hair but she didn't want it cut, so I didn't push it.  Yesterday I was cutting Clyde's hair and she wanted a haircut too.  I was actually a little sad to cut off her baby curls, but they got awfully tangly, so it was a good thing.  There was a lot of fidgeting, so it got a little shorter than anticipated.  I'm debating cutting bangs, but I think I've decided to just let them grow out.  Here it is right after, later that day, and the next day.... followed by a Christmas photo for reference to the long hair.  She's such a pretty girl that her hair doesn't even matter, but I've always really been into hair so I keep overthinking it.  So much easier to take clippers to a boy's head than scissors to a girl's. 





Speaking of haircuts, I haven't had one since October 2010. I just measured it and the longest part is 23 inches. It's still really healthy since I don't do anything with it, but I'm starting to have to braid it each night like the mom on Little House on the Prairie and that's just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment