Kids, crafts, country life and more...

This is what you get when you mix two toddlers, two border collies, a Shetland pony, two cats, a gaggle of turkeys, a former construction worker, a former lawyer and the family cattle ranch. Thanks for visiting. All images copyrighted. Do not use any text or image without permission.







Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

Homestead Update...







Our turkeys are doing well. We have fourteen now after we gave two to my cousin Heather's son, Cade. We gave him the overly aggresive white tom and a wild one. Now we have two black toms that have started their shows and fighting. We only had one tom last year so this is new territory. Now that they're big enough to ward off our cats, we let them out each day. They're little chatterboxes so I can usually just listen for them. If I don't hear them, I start yelling to them and they run up to me. They're not nearly as big as ours were last year at this time since we got a late start, but they're really growing now.


Our table is wider than normal (53"), so I made us a new tablecloth. I'd made a simple ticking one but decided we could use something a little brighter. I messed it up and had to rip out over 20 feet of seams, but it turned out well in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment