Kids, crafts, country life and more...

This is what you get when you mix two toddlers, two border collies, a Shetland pony, two cats, a gaggle of turkeys, a former construction worker, a former lawyer and the family cattle ranch. Thanks for visiting. All images copyrighted. Do not use any text or image without permission.







Search This Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Leave the Toys Out....

Leave the toys out, I say.... Clyde and I made a simple lego house one day.  The next day it was taller and more ornate.  Then the blocks came out and there was a simple ramp.  Later, the ramp extended and a bridge was added.  After that, a curvy walkway to the roof was added.  If you make your kids put everything away everytime they play, you're really limiting their creativity.  This is what I tell myself when I walk around my house and see toys out, forts half built, and art supplies strewn about.  There's probably some truth in it and it makes me feel better about the lived in look of things. 





No comments:

Post a Comment