Kids, crafts, country life and more...

This is what you get when you mix two toddlers, two border collies, a Shetland pony, two cats, a gaggle of turkeys, a former construction worker, a former lawyer and the family cattle ranch. Thanks for visiting. All images copyrighted. Do not use any text or image without permission.







Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Loading Hay



A couple weeks ago we took lunch out to Ben and I did some spring cleaning at Dad's.  After lunch the kids went out with Ben to fix a fence and load some hay.  When I got to the haystack he had two bales on the wagon.  We still use these old wood wagons, but now a tractor pulls them.  When I was a kid we still had draft horses pulling them but Dad finally got rid of them a few years ago.  I was sad to see them go.

Ben threw down the rest of the hay on this wagon and I stacked it.  All three tons.  I was pretty proud of myself even though I only did it once and slowly.  Ben loaded two of these a day all winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment